At The 80s Cruise, our core mission is to deliver the most radical and jam-packed 80s experience in the world. Underlying that mission is our commitment to always ensure the health and safety of our guests, performers and staff.
After careful consideration including consultation with our partners at Royal Caribbean, we have decided to postpone the 2021 sailing of The 80s Cruise to 2022. Key Facts:
- New Dates: March 5 to March 12, 2022
- New Ship: Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas, which completed a $120M renovation.
- New Departure Port: Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida
The information below pertains to the rescheduling of The 80s Cruise. Please be sure to view our other FAQS for more information regarding pre-cruise hotel, transportation, and other exciting cruise news!
- My Reservation
- Will I keep the same cabin for the rescheduled cruise?
- Will I receive a new confirmation email?
- What happens to my existing payment plan?
- Can I adjust my existing payment plan?
- What if I would like to upgrade my cabin?
- What is the status of my Travel Guard insurance?
- I know someone who wants to sign up for the rescheduled sailing. When can they do that?
- Flexible Options
- What if I cannot sail on the rescheduled dates?
- How and when will I be receiving my refund?
- Can I receive a credit for a future sailing?
- What if I want to travel, but my cabin mate can no longer attend?
- I previously cancelled my reservation on the 2021 sailing but now I want to go! Can I reinstate my reservations?
- I have not yet purchased insurance, can I still do so?
- I cannot sail on the rescheduled voyage and purchased travel insurance through The 80s Cruise, will I be refunded that amount?
- Royal Caribbean
Will I keep the same cabin for the rescheduled cruise?
- Because we will be sailing on a different ship, some cabins will need to be reassigned. Cabin reassignments will be based on the original cabin category you selected, and every effort will be made to secure a similar cabin location. Guests who reserved an Interior Stateroom with Virtual Balcony on the 2021 sailing will receive a complimentary upgrade to a standard Oceanview Stateroom. In the event you are not satisfied with your cabin reassignment please contact us and we will be happy to find a cabin that works best for you!
Will I receive a new confirmation email?
- Once we have completed your cabin transfer, you will receive a revised email confirmation listing new sailing dates, your cabin assignment and updated payment schedule. We anticipate all confirmations will be sent by August 15. It is important to carefully review the confirmation and address any changes by calling our office at 844.384.8080 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens to my existing payment plan?
- Starting August 7, 2020, all payment plans will automatically transition to the revised monthly payment plan with your remaining balance split into 15 equal and substantially reduced payments. Your final payment will be due on October 1, 2021.
Can I adjust my existing payment plan?
- In the event you wish to adjust your payment plan to a quarterly option (9/15/20, 1/15/21, 5/15/21, 9/15/21) please email email@example.com.
What if I would like to upgrade my cabin?
- Pending availability, you are welcome to upgrade to any cabin. Any applicable discounts or promotions on your current reservation will still apply. To discuss upgrade options please contact a Reservation Specialist at 844.384.8080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the status of my Travel Guard insurance?
- If you purchased Travel Guard insurance through The 80s Cruise, we will automatically modify your policy to reflect the new cruise dates. Please note, your initial revised confirmation may not contain the updated policy. The updated policy should be revised within 3-4 weeks. If you purchased travel insurance through a third party, we highly recommend you contact that provider to modify your new travel dates.
I know someone who wants to sign up for the rescheduled sailing. When can they do that?
- “Open Booking” for the rescheduled sailing of The 80s Cruise will begin July 28, 2020. Remember to check out our Cruise Club program to earn big bucks!
What if I cannot sail on the rescheduled dates?
- If you cannot sail on the rescheduled dates you may roll your reservation over to 2023 or request a 100% refund for the amount paid to date on your current reservation. In order to roll your reservation or receive a full refund, you must notify us via email at email@example.com no later than August 6, 2020.
How and when will I be receiving my refund?
- Once you have notified The 80s Cruise that you are unable to sail on the rescheduled cruise, you will be entered into our refund program. We will process all refund requests starting August 6th and will notify you no later than August 21st about how and when to expect your refund. We appreciate your patience.
Can I receive a credit for a future sailing?
- If you cannot sail on the rescheduled cruise you are welcome to apply the amount paid to date for your 2021 reservation towards any future sailing offered by Entertainment Cruise Productions. All future cruise credits must be redeemed by December 2023 and are non-refundable. In order to receive the future cruise credit you must notify us of your cancellation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 6, 2020.
What if I want to travel, but my cabin mate can no longer attend?
- In the event a passenger wishes to remove him/herself from a reservation they are eligible to enter the refund or credit program. The remaining passenger(s) will be held financially responsible for cost of the cabin. The remaining passenger(s) may elect to upgrade or downgrade pending availability and can add cabin mate at a future date.
I previously cancelled my reservation on the 2021 sailing but now I want to go! Can I reinstate my reservations?
- Absolutely! We are happy to apply any payments you made to the new sailing. Please call us at 844.384.8080 and we will take care of getting you set up. The deadline for reinstating your reservation is August 6, 2020
I have not yet purchased insurance, can I still do so?
- Yes, travel insurance can be purchased anytime up to 48 hours prior to the sailing. However, please note that with the World Health Organization’s announcement declaring Coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic, COVID-19 is considered a foreseen event and certain coverages will not apply. You can view more information regarding insurance here.
I cannot sail on the rescheduled voyage and purchased travel insurance through The 80s Cruise, will I be refunded that amount?
- If you have purchased travel insurance through The 80s Cruise, and Travel Guard, unfortunately, that policy is non-refundable. However, Travel Guard is offering vouchers for future travel. Please contact Travel Guard for more details.
When will I receive my Royal Caribbean Reservation Number?
- Typically, we provide guests their Royal Caribbean Reservation Number approximately 120 days prior to the cruise. Because the cruise has been rescheduled, we are working with Royal Caribbean to get those to you sooner. We will provide more detail in the coming months.
When can I sign up for beverage packages, excursions, and other cruise line activities?
- Once you receive your Royal Caribbean Reservation Number you will be able to access the “Pre-Cruise Planner” on Royal Caribbean’s website. There you can sign up for beverage packages, excursions, and other exciting offers from Royal Caribbean.